Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just Plain Running


In the holidays I did quite a lot of running. Training as well as races! On the first Saturday of the holidays I ran in the North Island Cross Country Championships and picked up 14th in the U-14 3km race. Only 1 year 8 pupil was ahead of me in this race and that was Jacob Priddey in 9th. Everyone else ahead of me was either year 9 or 10 and they achieved placing from 5th to 15th in the NZSSXC (New Zealand Secondary Schools Cross Country) so it was quite a good one considering age and growth difference and how hard the course was! In the second Saturday of the Holidays I was down in Napier competing in the Poverty Bay championship U-14 4km event which I picked up a decent placing FIRST! I won that event by 16 seconds over a kid who was 8th at North Island Champs! I then came home to Hamilton to compete in WBOP (Waikato Bay Of Plenty) Cross Country Championships. I Ran superb picking up 3rd and only losing to second by half a second! So overall I have had a superb action packed sporty holiday!
Cheers for reading.

Catch Ya

Road Runner (Meep Meep)

No comments:

Post a Comment